New Music Friday! Andrew Gayter 052711


For over a decade I’ve loved finding and supporting new talent, the latest find I have to share with you came from visiting a one man exhibit at a local gallery, There I run into a multi-media artist whose creative is selling for hundreds of dollars and…he’s just 17… I get into a conversation with him and he tells me he also creates music too. The artist is Andrew Gayter.. Imagine if we knewhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif David Byrne at 17 and you get an idea of this guy.

He sends me his music and overall I was pretty impressed. I decided to feature some of his tracks for you to check out over the holiday weekend as part of New Music Friday.

You can visit andrewgayter.com and check out the full tracks reviewed at his soundcloud site (http://soundcloud.com/agayter11">here) where you can check out the creative process as Gayter formulates and builds his music, which he writes, sings and performs.

Through his music you will find a range of styles from anthemic electronic synth like No regrets to the driving beat of Blue Pill which takes early Emerson Lake and Palmer synthesizer expertise into a 21st Century composition to Grandpa Town which has a Chill kind of vibe that you could hear playing in the Delano on South Beach. Gayter song the Corrupters marries Daft Punk to Christiano Spiller with anew style use of beats that brings a great fresh sound to well done effect and song parts.

Height of Man is one of my favs and it will be one of your too if you are a fan of New Order, more music in this style could spell a hit for Gayter in the future.

For those of us who grew up with the creativity of Kraftwerk his music takes that creativity and rhythm and soundscapes for the 21st century.

As I mentioned at the start of the review, something about Gayter reminds me of David Byrne, from his creative quirky videos to a music style that has a pop sense with nod to newer music styles including dub step and grime step. Maybe Gayter will follow the path of Byrne and assemble some fellow creatives when he goes off college to create a band that leave a mark on this generation as the Talking Heads did nearly forty years ago! I like the music, Hope you do too. Let me know; leave me a comment here or at Facebook.